Last updated: 21 January 2021
policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from
you, or that you provide to us, will be processed, shared and used by
us, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. Please read the following
carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your
This policy applies to personal information collected by Devils Kitchen Limited;
a company incorporated in England & Wales (registered no.
11656886) and whose registered office is at Lion House House,
Rowcroft, Stroud, Gloucestershire, England GL5 3BY.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Officer with
registration number ZA723128.
In these terms and conditions “Devils Kitchen”, “we”, “our”
or “us” means Devils Kitchen Limited, and “you” or “your”
means you, our customer.
What do Devils Kitchen do?
The Devils Kitchen Limited manufactures and distributes healthy
plant-based foods (the “Services”).
How we collect your information and why
Information that you provide voluntarily
- We collect your personal information when you contract with us, receive
any of the Services, use our website under the domain name devilskitchen.co.uk
or when you request information from us.
- The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons
why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the
point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Should you register to receive the Services, you might be asked to provide
certain personal information. This may include your name and email
address amongst other personal details that might be useful to us
when considering which of our products and services might suit you.
Information that we obtain from third party sources
- We may collect your personal information from third party sources, but
only where we have checked that these third parties either have your
consent, are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose
your personal information to us.
- We may also collect information about you that is publicly available
from public sources such as business directories.
Information that we collect automatically
- When you visit our Website we may collect certain information
automatically from your device. In some countries, including
countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be
considered personal information under applicable data protection
- When you use the Website, we collect information about your activity by
using cookies and similar tracking technologies. Cookies are small
amounts of information which we store on your computer. Cookies make
it easier for you to log on to and use the Website during future
visits. They also allow us to monitor Website traffic and to
personalise the content of the Website for you. You may set up your
computer to reject cookies by modifying the settings in your browser
although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features
on our Website. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so
log onto our Website. Collecting this information enables us to
better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they
come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them.
We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to
improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Use of your information
- Your information will enable us to supply Services to you and to give you
access to all parts of the Website. It will enable us to manage our
business and our relationship with you, including administering the
Services, contacting you where necessary concerning your use of the
Services, the Website, and handling any complaints or queries you
may have. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so
that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
- We may use your information to contact you for your views on the
Services, to notify you occasionally about important changes or
developments to the Services or the Website, or to tell you about
new products or services supplied by Devils Kitchen or third parties
that we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not
receive future marketing e-mails from us please let us know by
emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
- The information you provide to us will be held on our systems and may be
accessed by or transferred to any entity in our corporate group,
including any entity that acquires us or that we may acquire. This
may include staff working outside the UK and third parties some of
whom are located outside the European Economic Area. Such third
parties process information, fulfil orders and provide support
services on our behalf
- We may also transfer or disclose your personal information to our
service providers, professional advisers and to such other parties
as we consider necessary for the administration of the Services, the
Website, and related business.
- Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have such strong
data protection laws and so we limit when and how we transfer data
to them. If we do transfer data we will always take steps to ensure
that your information is used by third parties in accordance with
this policy and that we comply with applicable legal requirements to
ensure adequate protection for your information. When we collect
your personal information we may process it in any other countries.
When transferring personal data we do so using contractual clauses
which have been approved by the European Commission as adequately
protecting the rights of data subjects or through other mechanisms
that adequately ensure that your data protection rights are upheld.
- Sometimes the law requires us to disclose your information. We will respond to
request where our compliance is required by law or, we receive a
request from a public authority or law enforcement agency, there is
a threat to the safety of you or any other person or we suspect you
of committing fraud.
- We may transfer your personal data as a part of a corporate
reorganisation, business sale, or other merger activity, but in
those circumstances any recipient will be obliged by law to comply
with this policy.
- We will only otherwise disclose any of the information you provide to
us when permitted to do so by applicable law or with your consent.
Legal basis for processing personal information
- Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information
described above will depend on the personal information concerned
and the specific context in which we collect it.
- However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we
need the personal information to perform a contract with you, where
we have your consent to do so, or where the processing is in our
legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection
interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal
requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this
clear at the time we collect your information, and advise you
whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or
not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide
your personal information).
- Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our
legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make
clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests
- If you have any questions about or need further information concerning
the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal
information, please contact our Group Data Protection Officer
- If you use the Services or the Website our legal grounds for processing
your personal information are summarised below:
Legal basis for processing
Purposes of processing
Delivery of products
- Customer helplines
- Set up and otherwise administer your account(s) for Services and
products which we provide to you, this may include linking
different Services which you receive from us
- Contact you in connection with the Services (including through the use of
electronic communication, e-mail, SMS or telephone)
Marketing of our products and services- You have the right to object.
- Assist with statistical analysis to assess and improve our Services and
Verify your identity when you make enquiries by phone, email or letter
- Responding to requests by law enforcement authorities for access to your
- Protecting our businesses and other customers from fraudulent activities
- Tracing and recovering debts and assessing claims
- The detection and prevention of theft, fraud, money laundering
- Sending you updates by email when you subscribe to our mailing list.
- If you have questions about or need further information concerning the
legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information,
please contact our Data Protection Officer at
- We employ security measures to protect your information from access by
unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental
loss, destruction and damage. Protection of the registration details
and any debit or credit card information you give to us is a major
priority. We have implemented a security policy that guards against
unauthorised access. Data on our secure pages is encrypted using SSL
we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which
enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are
responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- All your private data will be encrypted at all times whilst in transit
over the Internet. SSL is special software that automatically
encrypts any data sent by you on our secure pages. Our server then
reads the data using a private key. This means that your data, be it
debit or credit card information or any other personal details, is
turned into code that can only be decoded with the private key or
password. All pages on the site that require you to enter personal
or sensitive information are secure. Your browser will indicate that
the page is secure by displaying a padlock or key in the status bar
at the bottom of the window. If your browser is suitably configured,
you will receive a warning message when you first access any secure
page on the site. This is simply information to advise you that the
site is protecting your data.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely
secure. Although Devils Kitchen Limited will do its best to protect
your personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of any personal
data that you disclose online. You accept the inherent security
implications of using the Internet and we will not be responsible
for any breach of security unless we have been be in breach of
applicable laws and then only to the limits set out in the terms and
conditions for the Website.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites
of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and members of our
corporate group. If you follow a link to any of these websites,
please note that these websites have their own privacy policies/web
liability for these policies. Please check such policies before you
submit any personal data to them.
- We will retain your information for as long as you continue to use the
Services and for a period of 6 years (or as long as the law
requires) after your account has closed. We may decide it is
necessary to retain your information for the purpose of resolving
disputes or payment issues, or because it is still useful to us to
analyse your use of the Services.
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal
information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is
not possible (for example, because your personal information has
been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your
personal information and isolate it from any further processing
until deletion is possible.
Access to information and exercising your rights
- You are entitled to access, correct or update of your personal
information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the
contact details provided under the “Contact” heading below.
- In addition, in certain circumstances you can object to processing of
your personal information, request deletion of your personal
information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal
information or request portability of your personal information.
Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the
contact details provided under the “Contact” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at
any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the
“unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we
send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal
marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the
contact details provided under the “Contact” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your
consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing
your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we
conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of
your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing
grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain about our collection and use of your
personal information. In the first instance you should contact our
Data Protection Officer by emailing
- In the event that you are unhappy with the Data Protection Officer’s
response you may raise your concerns with the Information
Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to
exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable
data protection laws.
Website. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate
measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the
changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy
Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data
- You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the
“last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your
information are welcomed, using the following details:
The Data Protection Officer
Devils Kitchen Limited